A deliciously rich and hearty stew brimming with tender chunks of beef and nutritious fresh veggies. Serve with brown rice, millet or quinoa for extra goodness.
- 15 ml cooking oil for frying
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 30 ml medium Rajah curry powder
- 5 ml Robertsons barbecue spice
- 1 tomato chopped
- 500 g beef chuck steak cut into cubes
- 2 potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 Knorrox beef stock cube
- 375 ml water
- 30 ml Knorr Minestrone Soup
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onion and green pepper until soft
- Add the Rajah Medium Curry Powder, Robertsons Barbecue Spice and tomato
- Fry for about two minutes
- Add the beef chuck and fry until well browned
- Add the potatoes, carrots and Knorrox Beef Stock Cube, stir well and add the water
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the Knorr Minestrone Soup, mixed with 4 tablespoons of water to form a smooth paste, to the pot and allow it all to simmer for 5 minutes until it becomes thick
- Serve with pap or mash, or with brown rice, millet or quinoa for extra nutrition.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.