Herby Chicken Stew with Tomatoes and Mushrooms
Mushrooms and mixed herbs give this chicken stew added flavour. Serve during the week with brown rice.
- tsp Robertsons mixed herbs
- 48 g (1 sachet) Knorr chicken à la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 400 ml water
- 15 ml tomato paste
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500 g chicken pieces, skin removed
- 15 ml oil
- Heat oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken pieces.
- Add onion, garlic and mushrooms and continue to fry for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water and Knorr Chicken a'la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce.
- Add mixed herbs and season (to taste).
- Simmer for 30 minutes until the chicken is tender.
- Serve with phutu or rice.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.