Chicken, Butternut and Sweet Potato Stew
This is an easy chicken recipe with the addition of butternut, sweet potato and curry powder to jazz it up!
- 30 ml cooking oil
- 1 kg chicken pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 ml Rajah mild and spicy curry powder
- 5 ml Robertsons coriander
- 500 ml water
- 250 g butternut, peeled and cubed
- 250 g sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 5 ml Robertsons thyme
- 60 ml Knorr minestrone soup
- In a large pot, heat oil and fry chicken until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- Fry onion, garlic, Rajah Curry Powder and Robertsons Coriander for 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to pot, add water, butternut, sweet potatoes and Robertsons Thyme, and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Mix the Knorr Minestrone Soup with a little water to form a smooth paste and stir into the stew. Simmer for 5 minutes and allow to thicken.
- Serve with rice or pap.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.