Traditional Usu (Ox or Beef Tripe)
Serve with samp or steam bread. Serves 200 guests.
This tasty Umcimbi meal is packed full of nutritious meatiness and is great treat for everyone.
- 6 Knorrox Chilli Beef stock cubes
- 200 g Knorrox beef soup
- 40 kg cleaned beef tripe (or ox tripe)
- 5 Knorrox garlic cubes
- 10 l water
- Bring water to a boil and lower heat to medium
- Add the cleaned tripe and garlic cubes to the water. Continue boiling at medium heat for 2 hours until tripe is tender.
- Add the Knorrox Chilli Beef Stock Cubes for meaty flavour and Knorrox Beef Soup for slight texture.
- Allow simmering.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.