Mutton Stew served with Spinach
Let the gentle flavours of the fried Spinach bring out more mouth-watering taste in the Mutton Stew. Knorrox Chilli Beef Soup is your secret ingredient in this delicious recipe.
- 2 tablespoons (30) ml oil
- 1 kg stewing mutton
- 2 onion chopped
- 3 potatoes peeled chopped
- 3 carrots peeled chopped
- 3 celery sticks trimmed diced
- 3 (750) ml warm water
- 1 Knorrox Mutton stock cubes
- 3 tablespoons (45) ml Knorrox chilli beef soup
- For Spinach
- 1 tablespoon (15) ml oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 bunch spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup (125) ml water
- 3 tbsp Knorrox chilli beef soup
- In a large pot, fry the mutton in the oil until brown on all sides then add the onion and cook until onion is soft.
- Add all of the vegetables, water, Knorrox Mutton Stock Cube, and Knorrox Chilli Beef Soup.
- Put the lid on the pot and cook until mutton is tender for about 1 – 1.5 hours.
- For the spinach: Heat the oil and fry the onion and tomato until soft. Add the spinach, water and Knorrox Chilli Beef Soup Powder. Cook stirring until spinach is cooked. Add water if needed.
- Serve with the Mutton stew.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.