Easy Pepper Steak Pie
Who can resist a pepper steak pie with crisp golden pastry and a piping-hot, meaty filling? Our simple South African recipe is easy to make using convenient frozen puff pastry and top-quality Robertsons Black Pepper for an aromatic punch.
- 800 g cubed beef
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Robertsons Black Pepper
- 50 g flour
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) vegetable oil
- 500 ml water
- 47 g (1 sachet) Knorr Hearty Beef Stew with Rosemary Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 1 x 400 g frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Roll the beef cubes in the pepper and dust with the flour.
- Heat the oil in a pan and brown the cubes on all sides.
- Stir in the water and the contents of the sachet of Knorr Hearty Beef Stew Cook-in-Sauce. Simmer for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the beef is tender. Place in a greased ovenproof dish, or in 4 individual dishes.
- Roll out the pastry and place it over the mixture to create the lid of the pie. If you are using individual pie dishes, cut the pastry into separate circles.
- Brush the pastry lid or lids with beaten egg. Bake at 200 °C for 15 - 20 minutes, or until the filling is piping hot and the pastry is golden brown.
- Serve immediately with peas or a green salad.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.