Peri Peri Prawns with Rice
Here’s a mouth-watering prawns recipe to try for a weeknight dinner. The self made marinade gives the prawns a fantastic unique flavour.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 ml Robertsons mixed herbs
- 1 pinch salt and pepper (to taste)
- 750 g prawns, cleaned (leaving shells on)
- 125 g margarine
- 125 ml peri peri sauce
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot (dissolved in a little boiling water)
- 1 lemon
- 250 ml cream
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- Mix marinade ingredients (dissolved KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot, garlic, mixed herbs, peri peri sauce, salt and pepper) together and pour over the prawns.
- Leave to marinade for 6 hours in the fridge.
- Heat margarine in a frying pan and add prawns and marinade.
- Fry until prawns change colour to pink.
- Squeeze in lemon juice and stir in cream before serving.
- Serve on a bed of rice with chopped spring onions (for garnish).
- Better For You Tips : For a lower fat alternative replace the 250 ml cream with half (125 ml) low fat milk and half ( 125 ml) cream. You can also serve with a portion of brown rice and fresh salad.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.