Crispy Pork Sandwiches
Simply scrumptious sandwiches made with toasted bread, tender crumbed pork steaks, shredded cabbage and mashed avo. An inspired idea for an on-the-go snack, or a relaxed midweek family dinner. - Claire Winstanley
- ½ a purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled and mashed
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 25 g butter
- 4 pork rib eye steaks
- 1 Knorr Naturally Tasty beef Tagine Recipe Mix
- 50 g bread flour
- 2 eggs
- 150 g breadcrumbs
- 15 ml vegetable oil, for frying
- 30 ml mayonnaise
- Season the mashed avocado with the lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Place a quarter of the butter in a pan over a medium heat and lightly toast two slices of bread on both sides until golden brown. Repeat until all the bread is toasted.
- Place each piece of pork between two pieces of clingfilm and bash with a rolling pin or heavy bottle to flatten. This will help them cook quickly.
- Combine the contents of the sachet of KNORR Naturally Tasty Beef Tagine with the flour in one bowl. Add the eggs to a second bowl and whisk. Place the breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Dip the pork pieces in egg, then in the flour mix, then return them to the egg bowl. Lastly dip them in the breadcrumbs. Repeat until all the pork pieces are crumbed.
- Place the oil in a frying pan and fry the pork pieces until golden, roughly 3 minutes on each side.
- To make the sandwiches, spread mayonnaise on four pieces of toast, and top each one with a piece of pork, mashed avocado and purple cabbage.
- Place the remaining four slices of toast on top and serve immediately.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.