Bacon Caesar Salad With A Bokkom Caesar Dressing
For a uniquely South African variation on the classic Caesar salad, try this version made with bacon, lettuce, croutons, eggs, and a creamy Bokkom Caesar dressing.
- 30 ml butter
- 250 ml day-old baguette, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 5 ml Robertsons mixed herbs
- 200 g oak smoked streaky bacon, diced
- BOKKOM CAESAR DRESSING
- 60 ml olive oil
- 35 ml lemon juice
- 7.5 ml Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 15 ml finely chopped Bokkoms
- 2.5 ml Robertsons Barbecue Spice
- 1 ml Robertsons
- 4 medium heads of cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 8 baby cucumbers sliced into ribbons
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, cut in half or quarters
- Parmesan shavings
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make the croutons melt the butter in a frying pan on medium heat, add the bread cubes, 2 sliced garlic cloves and the Robertsons Mixed Herbs. Cook until it starts to get brown and crisp. Place on a baking tray to cool down.
- In the same pan, fry the diced bacon until cooked and crispy and set aside to cool.
- For the dressing, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, bokkoms, Robertsons Barbecue Spice and Robertsons Cayenne Pepper in a food processor and blend until completely smooth (or use a stick blender).
- In a large bowl toss the separated cos lettuce leaves with the dressing until well combined.
- Divide the dressed cos lettuce, cucumber ribbons, croutons, bacon and eggs between 4 salad bowls. Top with parmesan shavings and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.