Beef Stroganoff Pie With Rocket And Mixed Leaves Salad
Tender beef fillet, onions, peppers and exotic mushrooms in a creamy Stroganoff sauce, all topped off with golden puff pastry. A great dish for celebrations with family and friends! - Lorna Maseko
- 50 g butter
- half an onion, finely chopped
- half a red pepper, cut into fine strips
- half a yellow pepper, cut into fine strips
- half a green pepper, cut into fine strips
- 150 g shimeji mushrooms
- 400 g beef fillet, cut into strips
- 125 ml cream
- 1 Knorr Beef Stroganoff Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 400 g puff pastry, thawed
- 1 medium egg, for brushing
- 80 g fresh rocket
- 80 g mixed salad leaves
- 10 ml olive oil, for dressing the salad
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Melt the butter in a hot pan, add the onions, peppers and mushrooms and fry gently until the vegetables are soft and the excess liquid has cooked away.
- Add the beef strips and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add the cream and the full contents of the sachet of KNORR Beef Stroganoff Dry Cook-in-Sauce. Stir well, then simmer until the sauce has reduced by half – the mixture should be quite creamy and not too dry.
- Remove the mixture from the pan and place in a 23-cm round pie dish.
- Lay the puff pastry sheet over the filling and remove the excess pastry around the edges. Press down lightly on the rim to seal.
- In a bowl, beat the egg with a fork, then brush the pastry with the egg wash.
- Prick the pastry using a fork, then use the left-over pastry to create shapes to decorate the top of the pie.
- Bake at 180 °C for 20–30 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
- Serve hot with a side salad of rocket and mixed leaves drizzled with olive oil.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.