Chilli Roasted Butternut and Quinoa Salad
A nutrient-dense, filling salad made with butternut, quinoa, pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds, lemon juice and parsley.
- 500 g butternut squash cut into chunks
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp Robertsons Masterblends Rustic Garlic & Herb
- 1 tsp Robertsons Crushed Chillies
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 30 g pumpkin seeds
- 30 g fresh pomegranate seeds
- 10 g fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp olives
- squeeze of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the butternut in a bowl, sprinkle with the Robertsons Rustic Garlic & Herb, Crushed Chillies and 1 tbsp olive oil and mix to coat.
- Place on a baking sheet, drizzle with the remaining olive oil and roast for 40 minutes until cooked and starting to caramelize.
- While the butternut is roasting, cook the quinoa as per the packet instructions, using the vegetable stock in place of water.
- Once cooked and cooled down to room temperature, place the cooked butternut and quinoa in a bowl and toss with the pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds, fresh parsley, olive oil and lemon juice, then season to taste.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.