Sunday Roast Chicken With Carrots and Parsnips
A great idea for an easy Sunday feast: roast a whole chicken to tender, juicy perfection in a Knorr Garlic & Rosemary Cook-in-Bag, then serve with oven-baked baby carrots and parsnips flavoured with thyme and lemon juice, plus a little honey to bring out the natural sweetness of these nutritious root veggies.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 1 Knorr Garlic & Rosemary Cook-In Bag
- 16 - 20 baby carrots
- 4 large / 6 medium parsnips
- 30 ml olive oil
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 30 ml honey
- 15 ml lemon juice
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt
- Robertsons Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Put the chicken and onions into the cooking bag. Add the Knorr Garlic & Rosemary Cook-In-Bag mix and seal the bag. Massage the mix evenly over the whole chicken. Poke three small holes in the top of the bag to allow steam to escape.
- Place the bag on a tray and roast in the oven on the middle shelf for 70-80 minutes depending on the size of the chicken.
- Wash the baby carrots and parsnips well as you will be leaving the skins on.
- Place the carrots on a tray whole and then either half or quarter the parsnips so they are the same size as the carrots.
- Toss the vegetables in the olive oil, thyme, honey, lemon juice, Robertson’s Atlantic Sea Salt and Robertson’s Black Pepper.
- Roast in the oven for about 45 minutes, until cooked through.
- Carve the roast chicken and serve with the roast vegetables.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.