Roast Pork Belly
Roast Pork Belly
- 1.5 kg pork belly
- 5 ml Robertsons barbecue spice
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt
- 2 red onions, halved
- 2 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways
- 2 celery sticks, chopped in half
- 30 ml Robertsons thyme
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 600 ml water
- 30 ml cornflour, mixed to a smooth paste with a little water
- Using a small sharp knife make scores about a centimetre apart through the skin into the fat.
- Rub Robertsons Barbecue Spice and Atlantic Sea salt into all the scores you've just made, pulling the skin apart a little if you have to. Brush any excess salt off the surface of the skin.
- Place your pork, skin side-up, in a roasting tray, and Roast at 220°C for about half an hour until the skin of the pork has started to puff up and turn into crackling. Turn the heat down to 180°C and roast for another hour.
- Baste with the fat in the bottom of the tray. Add vegetables and Robertsons thyme to the tray and stir them into the fat.
- Roast for another hour until meltingly soft and tender. Carefully move the meat to a serving dish.
- Spoon away any fat in the tray, then add the Stock pot and water and place the tray on the hob.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon to scrape up those lovely sticky tasty bits on the bottom of the tray.
- Thicken with Cornflour before serving if desired.
- Serve the pork with the crackling, gravy, some creamy mashed potato, fresh greens and a dollop of English mustard.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.