Moo Goo Gai Pan
This traditional Moo Goo Gai Pan recipe uses mushrooms with sliced chicken. It’s full of flavour and very quick to make. The chicken is stir fried in a light mirin sauce mixed with vegetables, bamboo shoots and chicken stock.
- 45 ml Stork margarine
- 100 shiitake mushrooms (or wild mushrooms of your choice)
- 100 g enoki mushrooms, broken into small florets (or wild mushrooms of your choice)
- 200 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 200 g bamboo shoots, drained
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 600 g skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 15 ml cornflour, mixed into 2 tbsp water
- 15 g palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 20 ml rice wine vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- Heat the Stork Margarine in a wok, over a gentle heat. Stir in the mushrooms, broccoli and bamboo shoots. Stir and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the chicken strips and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes until chicken is lightly browned and is cooked through.
- Stir in the cornflour, sugar, rice wine vinegar and Knorr Chicken Stock Pot. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, then reduce to medium heat and cook for 20-30 seconds until the sauce becomes clear and thick.
- Place into bowls and serve immediately with fluffy aromatic rice.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.