Delicious Deep Fried Spiced Banana
Crispy banana fritters with flavourful hints of Robertsons Nutmeg make the perfect dessert, and they’re simple and easy to prepare. Serve with scoops of vanilla ice-cream to satisfy any sweet tooth!
- For the filling:
- 3 medium ripe Bananas, cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- 500 ml or 2 cups oil for frying
- For the Batter
- 250 ml or 1 Cup flour
- 30 ml or 2 Tbsp castor sugar
- 2.5 ml or ½ Tsp Robertsons Nutmeg
- 1.25 ml or ¼ Tsp Robertsons Ginger
- 5 ml or 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1.25 ml or ¼ Tsp Salt
- 90 ml or 6 Tbsp Full Cream Milk
- 1 large Egg
- 10 ml or 2 Tsp Icing Sugar to garnish
- Get the oil heating up in a small pot on the stove.
- Place the batter ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Coat the banana pieces in the batter, fry until golden on each side.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain of any excess oil.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with cold vanilla bean ice cream.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.