Duck With Pear, Gorgonzola And Honey Mustard Dressing
It’s time for an elegant dinner delight! With tender duck breasts, glazed pecan nuts, soft pears and rich gorgonzola cheese, this salad surprise is perfect for tonight’s dinner.
- 2 duck breasts, skin on
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt
- Robertsons Black Pepper
- 150 ml Knorr Creamy honey & Mustard Salad Dressing
- 30 g sugar
- 30 ml water
- 240 g pecan nuts
- 2 pears
- 240 g rocket leaves
- 120 g gorgonzola cheese
- 2 ginger biscuits
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Season the duck breasts’ skin with salt and pepper and gently fry over a medium heat until the skin is crispy. Transfer to a baking tray and roast in the oven at 180°C until pink inside, or done to your liking.
- Five minutes after removing the duck breasts from the oven, brush with 7.5ml of Knorr Creamy Honey & Mustard Salad Dressing and set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine the sugar and water, and simmer over a low heat until the syrup is clear. Tip the pecan nuts into the pan and carefully stir to combine.
- Very carefully transfer the nuts to a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes, or until crisp.
- Thinly slice the pears. In a bowl combine the rocket, nuts, pear slices and 30ml Knorr Creamy Honey & Mustard Salad Dressing.
- Swipe a spoon of Knorr Creamy Honey & Mustard Salad Dressing onto your plates and arrange the bowl’s contents on top. Add 30g of gorgonzola to each plate.
- Slice each duck breast into 4 and add 2 slices to each plate. Crush the ginger biscuits and sprinkle over the salad to serve.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.