Quick Chicken ala King with Green Pepper and Thyme
McCain products are best cooked from frozen.
Chicken ala King is always popular with children and this recipe is quick and easy to make.
- 10 ml fresh thyme, chopped
- 500 ml milk
- 15 ml oil
- 5 ml Robertsons paprika
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 100 g mushrooms, chopped
- 500 g chicken strips
- 1 sachet 50 g Knorr chicken a'la king dry-cook-in-sauce
- 250 g frozen McCain Peas
- Fry chicken strips, mushrooms, green pepper and paprika in a splash of oil.
- Mix contents of sachet of Knorr Chicken ala King Dry Cook-in-Sauce with 500 ml cold milk and pour over the chicken mix.
- Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes then add the frozen McCain Peas and cook for a further 5 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Garnish with thyme.
- Serve with rice and steamed veggies.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.