Aromatic Couscous with Chicken and Apricots
Looking for a quick weeknight recipe? Try this wholesome chicken, apricot and couscous bowl topped with halloumi cheese.
- 600 g ready to roast Mediterranean vegetables
- 40 ml sunflower oil
- 250 g couscous
- 65 g dried apricots sliced
- 1 tsp Robertsons cumin
- 1 tsp Robertsons coriander
- 1/2 tsp Robertsons paprika
- 1/2 tsp Robertsons cinnamon
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 250 ml boiling water
- 500 g skinless chicken breast fillets cut into strips
- 1 tin chickpeas drained
- 100 g halloumi cheese cubed
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place roasting vegetables in an oven proof roasting tray, drizzle with oil and cover with tin foil, then allow to roast in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Place couscous into a bowl together with oil, sliced apricots and all the spices, give it a good mix with a fork to coat the grains in oil and to evenly distribute the spices.
- Dissolve the Knorr Chicken Stock Pot in the boiling water then pour this over the couscous and cover immediately with clingfilm to allow the couscous to steam.
- In the meantime heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken fillets and spices until cooked through and golden on both sides.
- When the roast vegetables are ready, mix them with the steamed couscous, chickpeas and halloumi cheese.
- Add the chicken strips and serve!
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.