Cottage Pie with a Potato Rosti Topping
Beef recipes have never tasted so good! Here’s a classic cottage pie recipe with a twist – simply add potato rosti to your meal.
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp parsley or chives to garnish, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes but still firm, cooked (allow to cool before grating)
- 1 x 48 gram Knorr Savoury Mince Dry Cook-inSauce
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 750 g lean beef mince
- 400 ml water
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) tomato paste
- 50 ml Stork margarine, melted
- In a pan fry the mince in the oil until the meat has browned
- Add the onions and garlic, allow to cook through.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, KNORR Savoury Mince Dry Cook-in-Sauce and water.
- Allow to cook through for 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a suitable ovenproof baking dish.
- Grate the potatoes over the top of the meat and then brush with margarine.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 180°C, then grill for a few minutes to brown.
- Garnish with chopped herbs.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.