Granny's Cottage Pie with Peas and Carrots
Traditional Cottage Pie, just like Granny used to make. Bulk up your cottage pie with carrots and-peas for an easy-on-the-pocket dinner!
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 250 ml water
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 5 ml Robertsons mixed herbs
- 15 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 30 ml tomato paste
- 1 Knorr beef stock pot
- 30 ml cake flour
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 60 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 15 ml cooking oil
- 400 g beef mince
- 45 ml milk
- knob of margarine
- 250 g frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Boil potatoes until soft in salted water.
- Drain and mash with milk and margarine until smooth then set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot and gently fry the onion until soft.
- Add the beef mince and fry until well browned, stirring to break up the mince.
- Once the mince is browned stir in the cake flour, KNORR Beef Stock Pot, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and Robertsons Mixed Herbs and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots and water and allow to simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Spoon the mince into an ovenproof casserole dish, top with mashed potato then sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Nut Free