Creamy Tuna Carbonara
A tin of tuna turns this pasta dish into a carbonara delight.
- 125 ml cream
- 5 ml fresh garlic, crushed
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 Knorr bacon Carbonara Flavour Pasta Sauce
- 1425 g large tin tuna in water, drained
- 100 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 300 g fettuccine
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- In a large pan heat oil on medium heat.
- Gently fry the spring onions and garlic, stirring constantly.
- Add tuna, stir for 1-2 minutes ensuring tuna is evenly mixed.
- Prepare KNORR Bacon Carbonara Flavour Pasta Sauce as per packet instructions.
- Add to tuna together with cream.
- Simmer lightly, add half the Parmesan cheese to the pan and stir until it has melted.
- Serve in bowls, topped with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Better For You Tips: For a more nutritious carbonara replace the cream with half (125ml) low fat milk and half (125 ml) cream, use wholewheat spaghetti instead of fettucini and omit the grated Parmesan cheese as a topping
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.