Pepper Steak and Kidney Pockets
This quick two ingredient dough is quick and simple to make with no proofing time allowing you to focus on the creation of the delicious meaty filling full of hearty beef flavour and seasoning.
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 250 g kidney, cleaned and chopped (not finely)
- 150 g beef minute steak, cubed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 7.5 ml or 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp black pepper
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp Knorrox Beef Flavour Stock Powder
- 720 ml or 3 cup self-raising flour
- 120 ml or 1/2 cup maas
- Heat oil in a pan over medium to high heat. Add the kidneys and steak to brown for a few minutes before slightly reducing the heat.
- Add the onions, garlic and black pepper.
- Sprinkle in the Knorrox Beef Stock Powder over the meat until well combined and add tablespoons of water to hydrate the mixture.
- Simmer on low heat until you achieve a desirable consistency while ensuring that you have less excess liquid. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the self-raising flour and maas to form a dough. Knead on a floured surface to form a smooth dough.
- Divide the mixture into four and roll flat using a rolling pin or water filled bottle.
- Divide your meaty filling amongst the four and gently close to half moon shapes.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in a 180˚C preheated oven for 20-25mins until golden.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.