Sweet and Sticky Glazed Pork Ribs
Who can resist a pile of sticky sweet ribs glazed in a delicious barbecue sauce? These pork ribs are easy to prepare from scratch at home, although you will need to exercise patience while they marinate in the fridge. Serve with potato salad, garlic bread and green salad.
- 2 kg uncooked pork ribs
- 45 ml Knorr tinned cream of tomato soup, powder
- 15 ml Rajah medium curry powder
- 5 ml paprika
- 5 ml Robertsons crushed garlic
- 5 ml Robertsons ground black peppercorns
- 60 ml brown sugar
- 15 ml vegetable oil
- 200 ml fresh red grape juice
- 30 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Knorrox chicken stock cube
- 45 ml tomato sauce (ketchup)
- Place the ribs in a large zipping plastic bag, or into a large bowl or dish.
- Now make the rub. In a separate bowl, mix together 45ml (3 Tbsp) KNORR Cream of Tomato Soup powder, the curry powder, paprika, crushed garlic and black pepper. Stir in half (30ml) of the brown sugar.
- Sprinkle this mixture all over the ribs, and then rub it in well, making sure the ribs are coated all over. Seal the bag (or cover the dish with clingfilm), place in the fridge and leave to marinate overnight - or longer. The longer the marinating time, the better the flavour!
- Heat the oven to 160C. Place the ribs in a large greased baking pan and cover with foil. Roast for about 1h30 hour, or until ribs are cooked through, turning occasionally.
- While the ribs are roasting, prepare the barbecue sauce. Add the oil, grape juice, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce and remaining 30ml brown sugar to a small saucepan. Crumble in the Knorrox stock cube and bring to the boil. Now reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce is thickened and has reduced by about half.
- Remove the pork from the oven and cut into individual ribs. Baste the ribs all over with some of the sauce, then return them to the oven for about 10 minutes, or until they are dark, sizzling and sticky.
- Serve with the remaining sauce.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.