Pan-fried Pork Chops in a Mustard-Orange Sauce
Pork chops never tasted this good - served with rice and flavoured with honey, mustard, red onion and orange.
- 1 carrot, cut into 2.5 cm chunks
- 1 cup brown rice
- 4 pork chops
- 30 ml honey
- 30 ml Dijon mustard
- 1 ml salt to season
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper to taste
- 20 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 small red onion, sliced
- 20 ml wholegrain mustard
- 15 ml fresh orange juice
- 28 g (1) Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 250 ml water
- Boil carrots until soft.
- Prepare rice according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, press each chop with palm of hand to flatten slightly.
- Rub pork chops both sides with honey, mustard, salt and black pepper.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan on medium-high until hot.
- Add oil, then pork chops in a single layer.
- Sprinkle onions in pan around pork, cook for 4 minutes or until pork browns.
- Turn pork over and stir onion.
- Cook for a further 4-5 minutes or until pork is cooked but not dry.
- Transfer pork to a plate, leaving onion in pan.
- Add mustard, orange juice, Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot and water to the pan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens.
- Divide pork, carrots and rice between 4 serving plates and spoon sauce over.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.