Smoky Pork Ribs
Every one loves a good braai. This recipe includes beer stout and Robertsons' Brazillian Smokehouse Rub, to help take these fall-off-the-bone ribs to a whole new level.
- 1.5 cup beer stout
- 30 ml tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 15 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp Robertsons paprika
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp Robertsons Traditional Braai Mix
- 1.5 kg pork baby back ribs
- salt to season
- 2 red peppers sliced
- 2 red onions sliced
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Combine the beer stout, tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, wholegrain mustard, Robertsons Paprika, garlic and Robertsons Traditional Braai spice in a bowl.
- Place the pork ribs on a roasting pan. Pour over the stout mixture. Toss to coat the ribs evenly. Season with salt, cover with foil.
- Roast in the oven for 2 hours, turning the ribs after the first hour.
- Remove the ribs from the roasting pan. Pour the pan juices in a jug.
- Increase the oven temperature to 220 degrees Celsius. Place the red peppers and red onions in the roasting pan. Place a wire rack with the pork ribs on top of the roasting pan.
- Roast for another 30-35 minutes basting with the pan juices every 5-10 minutes or until golden brown and caramelised. Serve the ribs with roasted vegetables.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.