Spiced Bean with Chilli Boerewors and Spinach Sishebo
This spicy dish is a firm family favourite and is packed with fortified nutrients from the spinach. Best served with fresh herbs.
- 1 cup (250 ml) cooked sugar beans
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Rajah medium curry powder
- 500 g potatoes peeled sliced
- 2 cups (500 ml) freshly chopped spinach
- 1 bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons (45 millilitres) Knorrox chilli beef soup
- 1 Knorrox Chilli Beef stock cube
- 500 ml of water
- 500 g of sausage (Boerewors)
- 60 ml of freshly chopped Dhania or parsley (optional)
- Fry the onion until soft and then add your Rajah Curry powder and fry for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the potatoes and continue to fry until they are beginning to turn golden.
- Add more oil if needed. Once the potatoes are nearly cooked, after about 15 minutes add the cooked sugar beans, spinach, bell pepper, Knorrox Soup Powder, Stock Cube and water and simmer for 10 minutes adding extra water if needed.
- Cook the boerewors by frying, braaing or baking in the oven. Cut into pieces.
- Lastly add the boerewors and heat through. Stir in fresh herbs if using and serve.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.