Traditional Mutton Curry
A firm family favourite, this dish is jam-packed with meatiness and flavour.
- 1 kg stewing lamb or mutton cubed
- 2 onions peeled & chopped
- 2 tablespoon 30 ml cooking oil
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons 30 ml Rajah hot curry powder
- 2 Knorrox chilli beef stock cubes dissolved in 2 cups 500 ml boiling water
- 3 carrots sliced
- 6 potatoes peel & halved
- 45 ml Knorrox Soya mince mutton flavour
- In a large pot, fry meat in oil until browned. Remove from pan and fry onions until just soft. Add tomatoes and curry powder; fry for 5 minutes and stirring occasionally. Return mutton pieces to the pan.
- Stir in hot stock, cover tightly and simmer gently over a low heat for 1 hour
- Stir in carrots and potatoes, cover tightly again and simmer for a further 30 – 50 minutes or until meat and potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the soya mince and simmer for 2 – 3 minutes to thicken the gravy.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.