Slow-Cooked Spicy Mutton with Mint
Slow-Cooked Spicy Mutton is perfect for a chilly night indoors. Add Knorrox's Tomato and Onion Cubes and serve with steamed bread.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 5 ml (1 tsp) cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1.5 tablespoon Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder
- 500 g lamb pieces cubed
- 150 g carrots peeled cut into julienne
- 250 g baby potatoes
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 200 g sweet corn cut into 2 cm pieces
- 2 Knorrox tomato & Onion
- 400 ml hot water
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint chopped
- Heat cooking oil in a pot, and sear the cubed lamb pieces, season to taste. Remove the meat from the pot and set aside for later use.
- Add the onions and fry until soft or golden brown then add garlic, cumin, turmeric, Rajah mild and spicy.
- Add carrots, sweet-corn potatoes to the same pot and sauté until golden brown, then add the chopped tinned tomatoes with the Knorrox Tomato & Onion stock cubes.
- Return the lamb to the pot, add hot water, cover with the lid. Cook on medium heat for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, then turn the heat to low and simmer very gently until mutton is tender and the veggies are soft as the sauce get thick. Season to taste and stir in the chopped mint.
- Serve with spinach steam bread.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.