Saucy Lamb Curry Bread Bowls
This lamb recipe makes a perfectly tender and mouth-watering dish. Add a delicious twist by serving it in a fresh bun.
- 2 Knorrox curried vegetable stock cubes
- 500 ml hot water
- 500 g mix of lamb shank or lamb chops
- salt & pepper to taste
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 Robertsons bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Robertsons ground cumin
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Rajah curry powder
- 1 x 410 gram tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup butternut squash
- 1/4 cup mushrooms
- 1/4 cup potato cut into quarters or smaller if needed
- 1/4 cup carrot sliced
- 1 sprig fresh parsley to garnish
- 2 large hard-shelled bread rolls
- Dissolve the Knorrox stock cubes in the hot water and set aside.
- Add the oil to a cast iron oven safe pot, brown the lamb & season with salt & pepper.
- Once browned remove from the pot and set aside,
- Add the diced onions, garlic, spices, and fry for a few minutes before adding the stock and the tinned chopped tomato.
- Add the lamb back to the pot and add the rosemary.
- Add the butternut, mushrooms, potato and carrot.
- Bring up to the boil then place in the oven for 90-120min, at 160°C until the veggies are soft.
- Slice the top off of two crusty bread rolls and scoop out some of the center to hollow the bread rolls out.
- Spoon the vegetable curry potjie into the bread roll & top with fresh herbs to garnish.
- Serve hot with the lid on the side for dunking & ENJOY!
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.