Pap And Corn Fritters
A light, easy-to-prepare dish made with maize meal, sweetcorn, and spring onion, served with chunky guacamole and baby roasted tomatoes.
- 400 g whole corn kernels, fresh or tinned
- 150 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 125 ml maize meal (pap)
- 125 ml self-raising flour
- 100 ml spring onion, chopped
- 10 ml Robertsons mint
- 5 ml Robertsons paprika
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml buttermilk (amasi or maas)
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 60 ml coriander, chopped
- 200 g baby vine tomatoes
- 10 ml Robertsons Italian herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for frying, plus extra for roasting tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the corn, feta, grated cheese, maize meal, self-raising flour, chopped spring onion, Robertsons Mint and Robertsons Paprika.
- Lightly beat together the eggs and buttermilk (amasi or maas). Add this to your dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile place your vine tomatoes on a lined baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Robertsons Italian Herbs. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- To make the guacamole, use a fork to smash the avocado until chunky. Season with salt, pepper and chopped coriander.
- Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan on medium heat.
- Use a ladle to drop the fritter mix into the pan. Fry the fritters on both sides until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain off any excess oil on paper towel.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.