Tasty Tuna and Chive Fishcakes
Tuna is such a versatile pantry item – why not use those tins in your cupboard to prepare these tasty fishcakes – great to use as a lunchbox left over too!
- 500 g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 tins tuna in salt water, drained
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 sachet Knorr sour cream and chives Potato Bake
- 250 ml cake flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 500 ml breadcrumbs
- sunflower oil (for shallow frying)
- Steam or boil the cubed potatoes until soft then mash.
- Combine mashed potato with tuna, onion, lemon zest and juice and the contents of the sachet of KNORR Sour Cream Chives Potato Bake.
- Season (to taste) with a little freshly ground black pepper then shape into patties.
- Place the cake flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into separate bowls.
- Dip a fishcake into flour then shake off the excess then dip in beaten egg then into breadcrumbs to coat.
- Heat oil in a fry pan and fry the fishcakes in batches until golden brown then allow to drain on paper towel.
- Serve with a fresh side salad and Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise.
- Better For You Tips : For a lighter take on this recipe drizzle the fishcakes with oil and oven bake instead of shallow frying
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.