Lemon and Herb Braaied Fish
The smoky aroma of fresh fish on the braai is simply irresistible! Try out this delicious recipe for your family this summer!
- 1 fresh 1.5 kg linefish, butterflied (scaled)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 30 ml Knorr Thick White onion soup
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 handful fresh basil and italian parsley, finely chopped
- 60 ml margarine
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- Rinse the fish under cold running water to clean then pat dry
- Rub the crushed garlic on the inside of the fish and sprinkle the KNORR Thick White Onion Soup inside and rub to distribute the soup powder evenly
- Place the sliced onion and tomatoes on the one half of the fish and top with the chopped herbs then fold over to enclose the filling
- Melt the margarine, KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot and lemon juice and zest together then brush this over both sides of the fish to prevent it from sticking to the braai grid. Reserve any leftover marinade for basting
- Place the fish onto a hinged braai grid and braai over medium to low heat coals for about 15 minutes on each side. Only turn the fish once and baste continuously while cooking. The fish is done when the flesh is white and no longer glossy and flakes easily.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.