Tuna Quinoa Fish Cakes
Few can resist crispy golden fishcakes hot from the pan, and we’ve taken them to a new level of yummy by adding quinoa, the versatile super-grain that’s one of the starring ingredients in our list of Future 50 Foods. With eggs, tuna AND quinoa, these tasty bites offer a triple dose of protein, while lemon zest, spring onions and a KNORR Vegetable Stock pot create fabulous layers of flavour.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tins tuna chunks in brine drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 4 spring onions chopped
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Leafy side salad
- plain yoghurt plus extra for dipping
- lemon slices
- For the Quinoa:
- Rinse the quinoa under cold, running water and set aside.
- Add the water and the stock pot to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the rinsed quinoa.
- Cover and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and allow to sit, covered for an extra 5-10 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- For the Tuna-Quinoa Fish Cakes:
- Add tuna to a large bowl and flake with a fork.
- Mix in 2 beaten eggs, chopped spring onion, chopped parsley, lemon zest using hands to combine.
- Add quinoa and salt & pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium to medium high heat.
- Form the mixture into 8 patties.
- Working in batches, fry the patties on one side until golden brown. Flip and repeat.
- Serve with a simple side salad, lemon wedges and a herbed yogurt dip.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.