Easter Fried Sausage and Egg
Treat your family to this delicious, easy-to-prepare snack! Fried Sausage and Egg will be a favourite with the kids anytime of the day.
- 7 eggs
- 750 g Boerewors
- 1 Knorrox beef stock cube dissolved in 45 ml boiling water
- 30 ml cake flour
- 100 g dried white breadcrumbs
- oil to deep fry
- Chakalaka to serve
- Hard boil 6 of the eggs. Once cool, remove the shells. Beat the remaining egg.
- Press the boerewors sausage meat out of its skin and mix well with the dissolved stock cube and flour. Divide into 6 equal portions.
- Using a rolling pin roll out each portion just big enough to fit around each boiled egg.
- Wrap the meat firmly around each egg. Dip the meat covered eggs in the beaten egg and then breadcrumbs.
- Chill for 30 minutes and then deep fry in hot oil until the meat is cooked and they are golden and crispy. Drain on paper towel. Cut in half and serve with a bowl of Chakalaka for dipping.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.