Fudgy Chocolate Brownies by Natasha Maseko
Decadent chocolate brownies with a fudgy centre, served with vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate Brownies
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 150 g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 375 g white sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 90 ml of Hellmann's mayonnaise, room temperature
- 30 ml of vanilla essence
- 250 g of cocoa powder
- 250 g of cake flour
- 5 ml of salt
- 250 g chocolate chips
- Ola Rich ‘n Creamy vanilla ice cream for serving
- *optional* chocolate ganache for garnish:
- 80 g milk chocolate, chopped
- 125 ml fresh cream
- To make the brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a 24cm x 24cm baking pan or line with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished brownies out (makes cutting easier!) Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and half of the chopped chocolate. Melt in 30 second intervals, whisking after each until completely smooth. Whisk in the sugar until completely combined, then whisk in the eggs, mayonnaise and vanilla. The batter will be light brown and a little dull looking.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, salt, remaining half of chopped chocolate and the chocolate chips. Fold it all together with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Batter will be very thick. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, and then test the brownies with a toothpick. Insert it into the centre of the pan. If it comes out with wet batter, the brownies are not done. If there are only a few moist crumbs, the brownies are done. Keep checking every 2 minutes until you have moist crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares.
- Serve with Ola Rich ‘n Creamy Vanilla Ice Cream
- To make the ganache (optional):
- Place chocolate and cream in a microwave proof bowl.
- Heat at 30 second intervals, whisking at each interval until mixture is silky and smooth.
- Drizzle ganache over cooled brownies.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.