Love a good taco? With added Biltong and spicy yoghurt mayo, this South African version is packed with flavour.
- 15 ml olive oil
- 80 ml double cream yoghurt
- 80 ml good-quality mayonnaise
- 20 ml lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 2.5 ml Robertsons cayenne pepper
- 2.5 ml Robertsons garlic salt
- Robertsons ground black peppercorns to taste
- 500 ml thinly sliced red and green cabbage
- 4 wheat flour tortillas, brushed with a little olive oil
- 300 g thinly sliced moist biltong
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into slices
- lime wedges and pickled onions, for serving
- 60 ml chopped spring onion
- 1 small mango, peeled, sliced and chopped
- 120 g corn kernels
- 60 ml chopped / diced red pepper
- salt and black pepper for seasoning
- 60 ml picked coriander leaves
- 20 ml red wine vinegar
- 20 ml olive oil
- Mix the 15 ml olive oil, yoghurt, mayonnaise, lime juice and zest, Robertsons Cayenne Pepper, Robertsons Garlic Salt and black pepper. Add this to the cabbage and mix well. Keep aside.
- In another small bowl, combine all the salsa ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a griddle pan on medium heat until hot. Grill the tortillas in the griddle pan until it is lightly charred and hot.
- Assemble the tacos by dividing the cabbage evenly among the grilled tortillas, top with the biltong slices and the avocado.
- Fold the tortillas in half and serve immediately with the chunky salsa, lime wedges and pickled onions.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.