Fragrant Cape Malay Lamb Curry
Cumin, coriander, turmeric, ginger and garlic combine to make this lamb curry a feast of flavour.
- 15 ml oil
- 1 kg lamb, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15 ml crushed ginger
- 5 ml crushed garlic
- 10 ml cumin
- 10 ml coriander
- 5 ml fresh turmeric
- 15 ml curry powder
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Knorr chicken Casserole Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 600 ml water
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat oil in a frying pan and brown lamb.
- Remove lamb from the pan and set aside.
- To the pan add onion, ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, turmeric and curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Return the lamb to the pan and add tomatoes.
- Mix sachet contents with 600ml water and add to the lamb.
- Simmer for 35 min.
- Add potatoes, season to taste and simmer until cooked.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.