Simple Fish and Coconut Curry
An easy to prepare fish curry that is mild enough for the whole family to enjoy!
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 ml ginger, peeled and chopped
- 15 ml fresh coriander, chopped
- 15 ml Rajah mild and spicy curry powder
- 2 ml ground turmeric
- 50 g (1 sachet) Knorr cream of tomato soup
- 200 ml water
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 50 ml tomato paste
- 15 ml chutney
- 500 g skinless hake fillets
- Heat oil and sauté onion until tender
- Add ginger, coriander, curry powder and turmeric and fry for 1 minute stirring constantly
- Mix the contents of the sachet of Knorr Cream of Tomato Soup with the water and coconut milk and add it to the pan
- Stir in the tomato paste and chutney and allow to simmer until thickened
- Place the seasoned hake into the base of a casserole dish and pour the sauce over
- Bake uncovered at 180°C for 30 minutes or until the hake flakes easily.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.