Curried Chicken Liver Bunny Chow
What could be more comforting than a hearty mutton and potato curry? Rajah Medium Curry Powder gives great depth of flavour and just the right amount of heat to our easy recipe. Serve with dhal!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g chicken livers
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 6 garlic clove chopped
- 4 tbsp Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 200 ml water
- 1/4 cup cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 loaves of white bread unsliced
- chopped fresh coriander to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat and sauté the chicken livers for 2-3 minutes until seared and golden. Set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic, Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder to the same pan and saute for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomato and water, simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the cream and chicken livers and season to taste.
- Slice each loaf of bread in half. Pull out most of the soft bread inside, leaving a thick wall and bottom.
- Bake the bread in the oven until it’s crunchy and sturdy enough to hold the livers (optional).
- Keep the bread that you removed to thicken the curry or to serve with it.
- Spoon the chicken livers inside and serve garnished with chopped fresh coriander.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.