Spicy Crispy Chicken Heart and Neck Sishebo
This meal will please everyone in the house. The crispy Chicken Hearts, combined with saucy Knorrox Minestrone Soup and Chicken Necks, makes for a perfect sishebo.
- 1/4 cup (65) ml cooking oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon Rajah Flavourful & Mild Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Robertsons Chicken Spice
- 1/4 cup (65) ml flour
- 400 g chicken hearts cleaned
- 400 g chicken necks
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 30 ml tomato paste
- 1 Knorrox chicken stock cube
- 2 tablespoons Knorrox Minestrone Soup
- Combine the Robertson’s Chicken Spice and Flour. Toss the hearts and necks in the mixture to coat.
- Fry the chicken hearts and necks in batches in the oil for 10 – 12 minutes until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour any excess oil from the pan and then, fry the onion and green pepper until soft. Add the Rajah Flavourful & Mild Curry Powder and fry for a minute to release flavours. Return the crispy necks and hearts to the pan.
- Add the frozen corn, water, tomato paste and KNORROX Chicken Stock Cube, stir well and allow to simmer for 20 – 30 minutes
- Mix the KNORROX Minestrone Soup with a little water to form a smooth paste and stir into the sishebo.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes to thicken. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with rice.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.