Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff
This recipe uses fat-free yoghurt, and chicken fillets instead of beef, but it still has all of the classic meaty flavour, thanks to Knorr!
- 15 ml cooking oil
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 400 g chicken fillet, cut into strips
- 125 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 75 ml white wine
- 175 g plain fat free yogurt
- 300 ml milk
- 5 ml wholegrain mustard
- 48 g (1 sachet) Knorr beef stroganoff dry cook-in-sauce
- 5 ml Robertsons parsley
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely sliced
- Lightly sauté onion and green pepper in oil in a heavy based pan until soft.
- Add the chicken fillet strips and cook for about 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft and all the liquid released by the mushrooms has simmered off.
- Add the white wine and allow to cook until the wine has reduced by half.
- Stir in the yoghurt, milk and wholegrain mustard together with the contents of the sachet of Knorr Beef Stroganoff Cook-in-Sauce and allow to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season (to taste) then stir in the parsley and serve over rice.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.