Sausage casserole is the ultimate winter warmer. Not only a perfect meal for the family, our recipe is quick and easy to prepare and can be put in the oven for an hour until you are ready to serve.
- 1 Knorr beef stock pot
- 15 ml Robertsons rosemary
- 500 ml boiling water
- 15 ml vegetable oil
- 450 g beef sausages
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 15 ml tomato paste
- 15 ml Robertsons oregano (origanum)
- 150 ml red wine (ideally Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 400 g tin tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Whisk together the Knorr Beef Stock Pot, Robertsons Rosemary and boiling water until the stock has melted. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a casserole dish, over medium-high heat and brown the sausages. Remove the sausages and set aside.
- Add the onions, carrots and red pepper to the dish and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the tomato paste and Robertsons Origanum and cook through for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the stock mix, red wine and tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Return the sausages to the pan, and cover with a lid. Place casserole dish in the oven for 50-60 minutes.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.