Atchar Beef Burgers
Nothing beats a homemade beef burger patty! Now you can add an Mzansi twist to it by topping it with caramelised onions and mango atchar.
- 1 onion, grated
- 500 g extra lean beef mince
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 sachet Knorr Dry Cook-In Sauce Spaghetti Bolognaise
- 4 - 6 hamburger buns
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 30 g cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1 bottle grated mango atchar
- For the caramelised onions:
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 15 ml margarine
- 2 onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to grill function.
- Mix the onion, beef mince, egg and contents of the sachet of Knorr Dry Cook-In Sauce Spaghetti Bolognaise.
- Shape into 4 – 6 patties then place into an ovenproof tray and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Grill in the oven for 5 -6 minutes on each side or until done to your liking. Top with cheddar cheese and return to the oven to melt.
- To prepare the caramelised onions heat the oil and margarine in the pan on a low heat then add the onions.
- Allow to cook slowly for about 15 minutes stirring occasionally until they are soft, glistening and caramelised being careful to ensure they do not catch to the bottom of the pan.
- To serve your burger top the hamburger bun with lettuce then sliced tomato, hamburger patty, caramelised onion and mango atchar.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.