American Beef Burgers with Bacon and Cheddar
It’s time to take your favourite beef recipes back to basics. Treat your family to indulgent beef burgers - perfect for Friday night dinner!
- 400 g beef mince
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 sachet Knorr Saucy Meatballs Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- oil (for frying)
- pinch sugar
- 4 hamburger buns
- lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, cooked
- 4 slices strong mature cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix the beef mince, grated onion, egg and the contents of the sachet of Knorr Saucy Meatballs Dry Cook-in-Sauce (no need to add water) together and shape into patties.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a heavy-based frying pan and sauté the sliced onions until soft and sticky, adding a pinch of sugar and salt (to taste).
- Set aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the same pan and fry the burger patties for about 4 minutes then transfer to an oven tray and cook in a preheated oven for about 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Butter the hamburger buns and layer with lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, beef patties, cheese, bacon and cooked onions.
- Serve with various condiments such as barbeque sauce and tomato sauce.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.