Bunny Chow with Mutton and Peas
This Indian delight is full of aroma and flavour and is a delicious, hearty dish to add to your winter meal planner.
- 15 ml oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 500 g mutton, cubed
- 5 ml curry powder
- 2 chillies, finely chopped (seeded)
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 125 ml frozen peas
- 48 g (1 sachet) Knorr mild Durban curry cook-in-sauce
- 400 ml water
- 1 loaf of bread, cut into quarters
- 250 ml fresh coriander leaves (for garnish)
- Sauté chopped onion in oil, add meat and brown.
- Add curry powder and chillies and continue frying.
- Add potatoes and peas.
- Mix sachet contents with 400 ml cold water.
- Pour over the browned meat and veggies.
- Bring to the boil, stirring often.
- Cover and simmer for 45 min for meat on the bone or 1 hour for meat cubes (without bone).
- Slice a loaf of bread into quarters and hollow out the soft bread in the middle to make a cavity to pour the curry into.
- Place the bread which was removed on the top of the bunny and serve with sambals.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.