Zesty Chicken, Quinoa and Kale Salad
A sensational summer salad: tender marinated chicken breasts are flash-fried and sliced, then served over a bed of quinoa and fresh kale. Top with feta cheese, toasted sunflower seeds and mint leaves, then drizzle with a lemony dressing to create a substantial family dinner brimming with goodness!
- 4 x chicken breasts
- 30 ml olive oil
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 5 ml lemon zest
- 1 x 50 g sachet Knorr Tasty chicken and Onion with Robertsons Rosemary Soup
- Black pepper
- 100 g quinoa
- chicken stock
- 50 ml olive oil
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 5 ml honey
- Black pepper
- 50 g curly kale
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- 50 g sunflower seeds, toasted
- 15 g mint leaves, picked
- Pat your chicken breasts dry with paper towel. Place one in a zip lock bag or between cling film, and beat gently with a rolling pin so they are even. Then repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, the contents of Knorr Tasty Chicken and Onion with Robertsons Rosemary Soup, and season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the chicken and mix well. Put aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan on a high heat. Once hot, add the chicken breasts, cooking for about 3 minutes on the one side, turn down the heat to low, then turn over and cook on the other side for about 2 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from the pan and allow them to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice just the breasts into 1cm thick slices just before serving.
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly until the water runs clear. Place it in a pot and add enough stock to cook, according to package instructions.
- Once cooked, put aside to cool.
- Whisk all the ingredients together, seasoning to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Prep the kale by trimming and discarding the thick stems. Wash them thoroughly, then dry.
- Put the kale into a bowl with half of the dressing and massage it in.
- Put your salad together by mixing the quinoa and kale together, and placing them onto a serving platter. Top with the sliced chicken, then crumble over the feta and sunflower seeds. Finish it off by drizzling over the dressing and mint leaves.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.