Hasselback Butternut With Blue Cheese, Walnuts, Honey and Crispy Sage
A clever way to transform a humble butternut into a spectacular vegetarian dinner. ‘Hasselback’ your butternut halves by cutting them into thin slices (but not all the way through), roast them with honey, lemon and herbs, then serve with Knorr Blue Cheese Salad Dressing, walnuts and crispy sage leaves.
- 1 large butternut
- 30 ml olive oil
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt
- Robertsons Black Pepper
- 40 ml honey
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 5 ml sage, finely chopped
- 2.5 ml thyme leaves
- 5 ml Robertsons ground cinnamon
- 1 packet Knorr brown onion soup powder
- 50 ml Knorr blue cheese salad dressing
- 40 g walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Crispy sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 210C.
- Peel the butternut, making sure you have peeled away all the white outer flesh as well as the skin.
- Slice the butternut in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds.
- Brush 10ml olive oil all over both pieces of butternut and season with Robertson’s Atlantic Sea Salt and Robertson’s Black Pepper.
- Put the butternut on a tray and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining olive oil, honey, lemon juice, sage, thyme, Robertson’s Ground Cinnamon and Knorr Brown Onion Soup powder.
- Place your butternut on a surface, cut side down. Make thin slices into the butternut, short ways, without cutting through. The butternut must still hold its shape.
- Put the butternuts back on the oven tray with enough water just to cover the base, this will prevent it from burning.
- Brush a third of the honey mix over the pieces of butternut, trying to get in between the slices. Put the butternuts back into the oven for another 30 minutes, brushing with another third of the honey mix after 15 minutes, and again at the end. Top up the water at the 15 minutes mark too if necessary.
- Just before serving, drizzle the Knorr Blue Cheese Salad Dressing over the butternuts, and top with the walnuts and crispy sage leaves.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.