Baked Potatoes with Creamed Spinach and Feta
The next time you’re looking for a quick family dinner, try these baked potatoes stuffed with spinach and feta. Serve with meat and greens.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 15 ml oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- onion, chopped
- 500 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 Knorr Classic white sauce
- 250 ml boiling milk
- 200 g feta cheese
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 200 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pinch paprika
- Boil potatoes in boiling, salted water until cooked though.
- Cut in half and scoop out the tender flesh of the potato and set aside, leaving a cavity to stuff.
- To make the filling: Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté the garlic and onion.
- Add spinach and a pinch of nutmeg and continue to fry until heated through.
- Empty sachet contents into a jug.
- Fill up to 250 ml mark with boiling milk.
- Stir with a fork for a minute until thick and smooth.
- Add sauce to the spinach mix a little at a time until a nice consistency is reached.
- Add potato flesh, crumbled feta cheese, salt and black pepper.
- Fill the potatoes and top with grated cheese and a sprinkling of paprika.
- Place under the grill for 10 min until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
- Better For You Tips: For a lower fat, lower salt tasty option replace feta cheese with smooth cottage cheese when making the potato filling
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.