Peri Peri Chicken Livers
A runaway hit on any dinner table, venture over to the spicier side and serve with soft pieces of ciabatta bread to wow the crowd.
- 60 ml sunflower oil
- 1 kg chicken livers, trimmed and cleaned
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 10 ml crushed garlic
- 5 ml crushed ginger
- 10 ml Robertsons paprika
- 2 tins chopped and peeled tomatoes
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 45 ml peri peri sauce
- Heat 30 ml oil in a large pan and fry the chicken livers in batches until well browned on the outside, seasoning with freshly cracked salt and black pepper.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry the onion until golden brown then add the garlic, ginger and paprika and continue to fry.
- Add the tomatoes, KNORR Chicken Stock Pot and peri-peri sauce, stir well and simmer on a low heat for 10 - 15 minutes to allow the sauce to reduce and thicken.
- Return the livers to the pan, gently fold them through the sauce then simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Before serving taste to check the seasoning and if necessary adjust the acidity of the sauce by adding a little sugar.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.