Easy Cape-Style Bobotie
What would South Africa be without Bobotie? This easy to make recipe can be served for lunches or dinners.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 Knorr spaghetti Bolognese Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 400 ml water
- 10 ml Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder
- 2 slices bread
- 350 ml low fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 5 bay leaves
- 50 g seedless raisins
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Fry the finely chopped onion in oil until tender, then add the Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the mince and fry until crumbly, then add the KNORR Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce sachet contents and water.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the raisins.
- Soak the bread in 250 ml milk, then squeeze the milk out and mash the bread.
- Keep the excess milk aside.
- Add the mashed bread to the mince mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased casserole dish and stand the bay leaves in the mixture randomly.
- Beat the remaining milk as well as the excess milk from the bread together with the eggs and pour over the mince mixture.
- Bake for 45 min or until the egg custard is set.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.